Procter & Gamble buys Ambi Pur from Sara Lee
By Staff, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 11 December 2009 02:40PM
CINCINNATI - Procter & Gamble has agreed to buy global air-care brand Ambi Pur for $470m from Sara Lee Corporation.
‘The acquisition of Ambi Pur strengthens P&G's global leadership in home care and specifically air care by extending our reach to serve more consumers in more parts of the world more completely,' P&G group president-global home care David Taylor said. The Ambi Pur's strength in Europe and Asia compliments P&G's portfolio, he said.
‘Ambi Pur also brings high-performance products and new technologies to our current Air Care portfolio, including car air fresheners, battery-powered air fresheners, toilet rim blocks and various non-energized air fresheners," added David Taylor. ‘We see many opportunities to leverage these additional technologies and P&G's core capabilities in consumer understanding, innovation, brand building and go-to-market execution to grow both the Febreze and Ambi Pur brands robustly for many years to come.'
The Ambi Pur brand generated annual sales of approximately euros 260 million in the year ending June 2009.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- UX & Design Thomas Cook Competitive + benefits, London
- Product Development Thomas Cook Competitive + benefits, London
- Online Marketing Thomas Cook Competitive + benefits, London
- Senior Consultant - Co-creation Hasson Associates circa £55,000 + benefits, Central London - Zone 1
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film