M&C Saatchi tops list of best newspaper ad nominations
By Jennifer Whitehead, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 30 November 2009 08:30AM
LONDON - M&C Saatchi's newspaper ads have been nominated for more Annas (Awards for National Newspaper Advertising) than any other agency, including three for its recent HP Sauce campaign, pushing it to the top of the league table in the run up to this year's event.
Saatchi was beaten to the title of the best newspaper ad in October by Krow's defaced pin-up execution for Fiat, which urged readers to forget that the Fiat 500 is a great looking piece of design and to concentrate on the many features within.
Leon Jaume, judge of the Awards for National Newspaper Advertising and executive creative director at WCRS, said that it was brave for Fiat to deface its own pin-up.
Jaume said: "It's a bold move, and because car ads are generally prone to be turgid, air-brushed and self-important it works very well."
At the same time as revealing the October winner, the Annas revealed the most nominated agencies of the past 12 months.
M&C Saatchi's six nominations make it the lead agency in the run up to this year's Annas, with October's eight nominated ads completing the list.
The full line-up includes 68 ads from 29 agencies, with the winners due to be revealed at the event on 27 January, 2010.
The full list of the most nominated agencies:
|Agency||No. of nominations|
|Wieden + Kennedy||5|
|Bartle Bogle Hegarty||4|
|Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy||4|
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Community Manager - £30-40k - Charity - Surrey Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + plus benefits , London
- Exciting Internal Community Comms Manager (6 month FTC) Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, England
- Integrated Account Director: c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k + benefits, Surrey, Shere
- Account Manager - Affiliate Marketing Shape Media up to £29,000 basic depending on experience, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.