Premier Foods launches "X-Factor" search for new Oxo family
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 03 August 2009 09:00AM
LONDON - Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy has kicked off a search for a new Oxo family, ten years after Linda Bellingham and her famous family last graced the nation's TV screens.
The agency has devised a campaign to seek out a family to represent the Oxo brand through an X-Factor-style competition called "The Oxo Factor".
Built around a website, the competition requires families to make their own Oxo ad using a predetermined script.
The site features films from fictional directors, actors and TV personalities who give tips on how to create the perfect ad.
The five best films will then be aired on TV with the public voting for their favourite, which will launch during the X Factor final later in the year, with the winning family also scooping a £10,000 prize.
To tie in with the contest, the Oxo cube has undergone a redesign, changing shape from a cube to an "X".
According to Oxo’s parent, Premier Foods, the £2 million overhaul of the cube, which has been the same shape for 99 years, will help consumers to crumble the stock into food more easily.
The Oxo brand began life as a health product, which shot to fame after partnering with the London Olympics in 1908 as the official caterer, supplying marathon runners with hot drinks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Data Planner Direct Recruitment £50k+bens, London
- Category Manager- Oral Care Stopgap £52000 per annum, London
- Analytics Manager (Maternity Cover) Direct Recruitment £52,000, Central London
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £26000 per annum, Letchworth Garden City