Glue wins Swedish tourism account
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 08 July 2009 01:20PM
LONDON - Visit Sweden has hired glue London to handle a portion of its digital advertising account after a pitch against an undisclosed Swedish agency.
The agency has been briefed to develop a campaign to promote Skåne, the country’s southernmost region, as a good value tourist destination to British holidaymakers tempted to stay in the UK during the recession.
The campaign will use social media and viral activity, in contrast to previous campaigns, which relied predominantly on online advertising. The work will aim to raise awareness of the benefits of travelling to Sweden, which include the exchange rate and competitive flights and accommodation.
The campaign is being led by a partnership between VisitSweden UK, Tourism in Skåne and Malmo Tourism.
Maria Johansson, the marketing and communications manager at VisitSweden UK, said: ‘We are very excited about the new campaign, which offers an original and innovative way to attract UK travellers and drive sales to this unique region of Sweden. With competitive airfares, great value hotels and a favourable exchange rate, Sweden is more accessible than ever.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Senior Account Manager : Top 20 Digital Agency Dylan Up to £40000, London
- Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications University of West England £54,827, Bristol
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.