JWT snatches Microsoft's Office US ad account from McCann Erickson
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 July 2009 09:10AM
LONDON - Microsoft has moved the advertising account for its Office product out of McCann Erickson and into JWT.
It is the second large-scale piece of Microsoft business to move out of IPG this year, after Wunderman picked up the company's global direct marketing business from MRM in April.
JWT was first added to the Microsoft roster in mid-2008 and now handles three parts of the account: People Ready; Bing, its new search engine; and Office.
McCann still works on the Windows Mobile business as well as on Microsoft's new mobile offering, which has been code-named "Pink".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Account Director - 11 Month Maternity Contract Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 pro rata, Cobham
- Customer Marketing Manager EMR £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Retention Manager Salt £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
The console is dead: The Socialisation of Gaming
The games console as we know it is dead. When Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One earlier this week, it was clear that this was more than a device that would enable you to play Call of Duty or FIFA – this was, in Microsoft’s own words, “an all-in-one home entertainment system”.