Wieden & Kennedy founder Dan Wieden wins Clio award
By Caroline Lovell, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 30 March 2009 09:50AM
LONDON - Dan Wieden, the co-founder and chief executive of Wieden & Kennedy, will be presented with a Clio Lifetime Achievement Award in May.
Wieden will be presented with the award on 13 May at the Clio Awards, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year.
Wayne Youkhana, the director of the Clio Awards, said: "Clio is honoured to present Dan Wieden with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
"He truly embodies the essence of a strong, committed leader, one who has made significant fundamental and progressive contributions for his clients and the industry.
Youkhana added: "Dan’s contributions and pioneering spirit have certainly made a lasting impact on those who not only have had the pleasure to work with him, but the ad industry as a whole."
Wieden started his career in 1982 at an advertising agency in Portland, Oregon, with his partner David Kennedy.
The pair later founded Wieden & Kennedy in the same city with one client: Nike.
Wieden said: "It is a great, great honour. And I am forever thankful.
"That said, I feel like a thief. This award rightfully belongs to that humming mass of brains and hearts at Wieden & Kennedy that built this network, office by office, day by day, job by job. They take my breath away."
The Clio Awards will take place at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas between 12-14 May.
The festival will also include four award shows: the Moving Image Awards, the Emerging Media Awards, the Communications Awards and the Design Awards.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Planner PFJ £26000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic & Product Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP22000 - GBP25000 per annum, Birmingham
- Consumer Insight Manager - Berkshire Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £45000 Per Annum benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Account Director: Birmingham based Creative Agency - digital, brochure literature & CRM Firehorse c.£55k, Birmingham
- Research Manager -Public sector Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London