Top 30 regional advertising agencies 2009
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 February 2009 12:00AM
The top UK advertising agencies based outside of London.
As direct marketing agencies have embraced other disciplines, many have become more akin to the type of integrated agency that serves regional clients.
Many regional agencies grew on the back of business-to-business clients and invariably rely on a multi-disciplined execution.
Relationships with regional agencies can be more lasting and, in 2008, the overall level of billings by regional creative agencies remained almost static.
But within that average were some surprisingly wide extremes.
The relatively recently established Newcastle agency Drummond Central boosted billings by 138 per cent to a still relatively modest £5.9 million.
The biggest regional players such as Uber Agency in Sheffield and WFCA in Tunbridge Wells achieved more modest growth, while at the smaller end,
The Leith Agency in Edinburgh saw billings drop by 37 per cent to £5.2 million.
Few regional agencies have their roots in engineering these days, but those that do are most likely to feel the knock-on effect of tightening credit on their clients or the ultimate consumer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - SOCIAL MEDIA - Integrated agency - London - £40-45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k, London
- Russian speaking PPC Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £40000 per annum, Middlesex
- Direct Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital £13 per hour, Cambridge
- Digital Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital £22000 - £30000 per annum, Bournemouth
- Fashion Account Director Michael Page Digital £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
Chronicles of Cannes – The Arrival
The annual advertising hajj that is the Cannes Lions has kicked off in a steamy haze of rosé, Brazilians and flashy boats. Twelve thousand delegates are desperately seeking out free drinks in between trying to squeeze into packed talks by a mix of celebs, industry legends, wannabes and hasbeens.