Endemol hires Johnson for global role
LONDON - Entertainment group Endemol, producers of Big Brother and Deal or No Deal, has appointed Paul Johnson to the new role of global head of marketing and brand partnerships.
Johnson, former director of TV at the organiser of the MIP TV events, Reed Midem, will work on building relationships between Endemol's companies and global brands, with the aim of building Endemol's branded content activity.
Johnson will also oversee Endemol's worldwide marketing and communications operations, driving the global presence of all Endemol companies and managing Endemol's branding and events.
Johnson will be based at Endemol's London office, working with chief operative officer Marco Bassetti and chief commercial officer Tom Toumazis. He will report to Ynon Kreiz, chairman and chief executive of the Endemol Group.
Johnson was the director of TV at Reed Midem in Paris for six years, where he was responsible for the growth and development of brand partnerships.
Ynon Kreiz said Johnson played a central role in making the MIP markets a defining part of the TV industry calendar.
Kreiz said that as TV entered an "exceptionally challenging time", globally communicating brand messages and building successful brand partnerships would play an increasingly important role in achieving growth.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Strategy Director The Works Sydney Great salary package including sponsorship , Sydney, Australia
- Assistant Digital Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £28000 - £32000 per annum, Surrey
- Online Search Manager Michael Page Digital £30000 - £40000 per annum, South East London
- Junior Account manager Michael Page Digital £19000 - £23000 per annum, Leeds
- Front End Developer Michael Page Digital £20000 - £25000 per annum, Leeds
- Burberry partners with Google on digital kisses campaign
- Digital marketing is 'invasive and annoying', study claims
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sony XBox One spoof leads
- Digital creatives hit hardest as agency salaries decline
- Ocado replaces Morrisons as BB shopping partner
- Former Saatchi & Saatchi senior planner Alex McKie dies suddenly
Infographic: How to create the perfect post on social media
It takes a lot of trial and error to understand what really makes your fans tick and what resonates within the community. That clever photo of something you think is absolutely hilarious could actually lose you a few fans and no matter how interesting a fact is, it’s never interesting enough to warrant a three paragraph explanation on one Facebook post…