IDM overhauls digital and data categories for 2009 awards
By Nikki Sandison, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 17 November 2008 02:15PM
LONDON - The Institute of Direct Marketing has given a complete overhaul to the digital and data sections of its 2009 Business Performance Awards to reflect the impact they have on current marketing practices.
The number of awards within the digital section has been increased to six:
- Search engine marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Digital innovation
- Online display advertising
- Best use of email marketing
A best new products category has also been added to reflect the "innovation" that is taking place in data.
The awards, which are in their 11th year and now open for entry, will be sponsored for the second year by data value management specialist DQM Group.
They comprise a top tier Diamond Award for the marketing programme judged to have had the most outstanding impact on overall business performance, and up to 12 individual category awards for excellence in the disciplines of direct, data and digital marketing.
Adrian Gregory, BPA judge and managing director of DQM Group, said: "As we approach 2009 it is no longer appropriate to judge, say, an email campaign against a piece of search marketing simply because they both sit under the digital umbrella.
"The digital discipline has matured to a point where it has its own distinct sub-disciplines, all presenting their own challenges and where good work deserves to be recognised with its own specific award."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- IDM presents Lifetime Achievement award to George Smith
- IDM Fellowships for Kitcatt Nohr's Marc Nohr and Chris Warren of TMW
- IDM lines up Don Tapscott for annual lunch
- Opinion: How to tap into the power of instant messenger
- IDM holds 'biggest graduation ceremony yet'
- IDM appoints Debbie Williams to chair B2B council
- IDM chairman passes away
- IDM Summer School 'virtually certain' to go ahead
- All-women team from Northumbria Uni scoop IDM gold prize
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Senior Account Manager : Top 20 Digital Agency Dylan Up to £40000, London
- Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications University of West England £54,827, Bristol
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.