Royal Caribbean hires JWT and MindShare
By Darren Davidson, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 13 December 2007 12:10PM
LONDON - The cruise company Royal Caribbean International has awarded its global advertising and media accounts to a WPP team from JWT and MindShare.
The UK portion of the account, which is handled by a smaller agency called Positive Thinking, is unaffected by the appointment.
Royal Caribbean is looking to expand its UK advertising and build a global brand.
The agencies will develop work for two areas: the home ports, where the ships are docked; and the fly-cruise market, countries to which customers have to travel to join cruises.
In November, the company announced record net income for the third quarter 2007 of £190m, compared with £164m in 2006, on the back of better-than-expected late bookings.
Launched in 1968 by a conglomerate of three Norwegian shipping companies, Royal Caribbean travels to destinations in Europe, the Bahamas, Asia, Canada and the Caribbean.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire