TBWA San Francisco wins $30m global Ray-Ban account
By by Sarah Woods, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 25 May 2006 09:00AM
LONDON - Luxottica's Ray-Ban has awarded its estimated $30m (£16.1m) global creative account to TBWA\Chiat\Day in San Francisco.
Omnicom's TBWA\Chiat\Day in San Francisco is understood to have taken the business, following a pitch against agencies including McCann Erickson, Leo Burnett, The Kaplan Thaler Group, and Strawberry Frog.
McCann Erickson Italia had previously worked on the global advertising account, but is not considered the incumbent.
Previous campaigns for the brand include a television spot, along with print and poster work, which debuted in April 2005 and urged people to change their views and look at the world from a different perspective.
Shot in Buenos Aires, Argentina, the TV ad showed a sequence of models in everyday situations around the city.
A range of glasses and sunglasses were featured in the ad, including Ray-Bans' iconic Aviator model, which first appeared in 1936 and were worn by Tom Cruise in the film 'Top Gun'.
Ray-Ban glasses are made by Luxottica, which also holds the eyewear licence for brands including Prada, Byblos and Chanel.
Luxoticca recently handed its £40m pan-European media account to Carat out of incumbents MindShare and Mediaedge:cia.
Luxottica also owns the Persol, Revo and Vogue sunglassses range along with high street retailer Sunglasses Hut.
TBWA has not yet confirmed the win, however the decision is expected to be announced later today.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Senior Account Manager : Top 20 Digital Agency Dylan Up to £40000, London
- Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications University of West England £54,827, Bristol
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.