Maurice Saatchi in vow to retain M&C’s independent status
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 January 2000 12:00AM
Maurice Saatchi has vowed that the partners of M&C Saatchi will never sell a majority stake in the agency in a rare on-the-record interview, published in Campaign this week.
Maurice Saatchi has vowed that the partners of M&C Saatchi will
never sell a majority stake in the agency in a rare on-the-record
interview, published in Campaign this week.
The revelation comes on the back of rumours reported in the national
press this week that M&C Saatchi is planning to sell 49 per cent of the
company to a global advertising and marketing group.
Saatchi also responded to accusations of cronyism that are often
levelled against M&C Saatchi, the agency that last week won Campaign’s
agency of the year accolade.
Saatchi said: ’When (cronyism) is used to describe someone having the
good luck to be liked and trusted by serious people, it can only be a
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midmarket Segment Program Manager EMEA EMR negotiable, London
- Web Designer PFJ £32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Broadcast Affairs Producer - Advertising agency Daniel Marks London £30-35K + Benefits, London
- Freelance Account Director Digital Gurus £180 - £240 per annum, London