ITV targets football fans ahead of 2014 World Cup qualifiers
By Echomo Efeyini, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 March 2013 12:10PM
ITV has launched a promotional TV campaign featuring exclusively shot footage of the England football squad.
The campaign aims to reinforce ITV’s position as a reliable source of free and live football coverage for the sport’s fans, and comes ahead of two qualifying games for the 2014 World Cup.
The 50-second ad features headshots of England players and aims to promote the relationship between the sport and music, with original background music and lyrics by Editors lead singer, Tom Smith.
ITV Creative created the promo. The creative was James Doherty working with the head of creative, Laurie Smith, and the creative director, Phil Lind. Steve Ryan produced the promo.
The film is the second in a series of ads begun by the television network in 2012. The first ad, released last year, featured music by Paul Smith, the lead singer of Maximo Park.
The film follows ITV's rebrand and new on-air look, which launched across its network earlier this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Account Director - Integrated Stopgap £55000 per annum, London
- Midweight 3D designer Aquent £25-£35k, West London
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection Up to £32,000, Manchester
- Brand Manager - Leading Entertainment Company f1 Recruitment £40,000, Central London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film