ZenithOptimedia lands Kayak brief
Kayak, the US-based travel search engine, has hired ZenithOptimedia to handle its digital and offline media planning and buying business across Europe, including the UK.
The appointment follows a competitive pitch that began in November last year and was believed to have involved four other agencies.
Kayak spent £2 million in the UK last year, according to Nielsen. However, this is expected to be supplemented by significant digital spend.
The review also includes media activity in France, Italy, Spain and Poland, with spend expected to be in the region of £20 million over the coming year.
Belinda Rowe, a managing partner at ZenithOptimedia Worldwide, said: "Kayak’s global websites and mobile apps are experiencing phenomenal growth."
Kayak’s media review follows its acquisition by the US company Priceline Group in November last year in a deal that valued the business at $1.8 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Senior Account Director or Group Account Director, Social / Digital, £60k - £70k, Old Street Agency MODA consult up to £70k + excellent benefits, Central London, Old Street
- Agency Candidates Required Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
- SEO Manager Michael Page Digital GBP30000 - GBP40000 per annum, Manchester
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
- Initiative scoops Amazon global media business
- Marks & Spencer loses AdWords battle to Interflora
Forget the digital cluster bomb – be more like Bob
It’s said that the average person is exposed to 30,000 marketing messages a day. To me that’s worrying news for us marketers – especially if it’s your job is to build marketing relationships with consumers.