Lurpak relaunches Bake Club online community
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 February 2013 11:06AM
Lurpak has relaunched its Bake Club online community through the agency Outside Line, which was recently acquired by Saatchi & Saatchi.
The site offers the chance for users to share their own food idea by uploading images of their food, and provides a different "food mentor" each month to offer new recipes and tips.
Bake Club’s first mentor is Tim Anderson, the ‘Masterchef’ 2011 winner. At the end of each month, the selected mentor will choose winners from ideas submitted by the community.
Lurpak will also run a series of Bake Club events throughout the year. The first will be hosted by baker Lily Vanilli and be attended by winners of her Bake Club challenge in March.
Dan Rutherford, the creative strategy director at Outside Line, said: "People love to share images of their baking creations, with all their glorious imperfections – whether it be via Instagram or Twitter.
"There’s a certain pride and an undoubted sense of achievement with baking, and that’s what the Lurpak Bake Club empowers and celebrates."
Samantha Peel, the Lurpak brand manager, said: "The new Bake Club site really allows us to tap into the passion around baking – making it easier for good food lovers to share their proud bakes and seek inspiration from like-minded foodies."
The relaunch of Bake Club comes on the back of Lurpak’s current 'Good, Proper Food' campaign created by Wieden & Kennedy London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior UX Designer - Global Agency - £50K-£60K Digital Gurus £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Staffing Account Manager Source £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film