MediaCom lands The Health Lottery's planning and buying
The Health Lottery has selected MediaCom to handle its media planning and buying account.
Walker Media, The Health Lottery’s previous agency, is thought to have resigned the business last year.
It is understood that the account has moved without a pitch into the WPP media shop, which already works with the lottery’s parent company, Northern & Shell.
Since its £20 million launch, The Health Lottery has used sister media owners, such as the Daily Express and Channel 5, for much of its marketing.
Last month, Richard Desmond, the chairman of Northern & Shell, took out an ad in his newspapers to confirm tickets for The Health Lottery will continue to be £1, after The National Lottery announced a ticket price rise.
In July 2012, The Health Lottery hired McCann Manchester to help grow the brand by developing creative work for TV and press under the strapline: "Share the love."
Walker Media was appointed to handle the lottery’s creative and media business in 2011, ahead of its launch.
A spokeswoman for The Health Lottery declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director - Integrated / BTL Agency - £50k + benefits! Fill Recruitment Ltd £50k + benefits, South West London
- Sports Marketing Executive - Superb Client side role - Up to £25K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £25k, London
- Digital Marketing Executive Pitch Consultants £21000 - £25000 per annum, Coventry
- Mid-Weight UX Architect - Client Side Organisation - £35,000-£4 Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Group User Experience Director - BIG AGENCY - £65k - £75K Digital Gurus £65000 - £75000 per annum, London
Chronicles of Cannes – The Arrival
The annual advertising hajj that is the Cannes Lions has kicked off in a steamy haze of rosé, Brazilians and flashy boats. Twelve thousand delegates are desperately seeking out free drinks in between trying to squeeze into packed talks by a mix of celebs, industry legends, wannabes and hasbeens.