HMV marketing director Mark Hodgkinson made redundant
HMV's marketing boss Mark Hodgkinson has become one of the latest casualties at the beleaguered retailer, after it announced a further 60 redundancies in its head office.
According to reports, chief executive Trevor Moore has been ousted, along with marketing and e-commerce director Hodgkinson, as administrator Deloitte looks to cut costs ahead of a possible sale of the business.
Former Asda marketer Hodgkinson joined HMV in October 2011, and was charged with rapidly expanding the brand's e-commerce offering. He has also held senior roles at music label EMI and Virgin Money.
Last week, HMV's Twitter account was taken over by an employee being made redundant, along with 190 people across the retailer's head office and distribution centres.
One of the tweets described the "marketing director" as asking "How do I shut down Twitter?", while also claiming "he's staying, folks".
Nick Edwards, joint administrator at Deloitte, said: "Following our announcement of the closure of 66 stores yesterday, it has been necessary to consider the head office support required for the reduced store portfolio.
"As a result of this review, a number of redundancies at the head office have been made. This has been a difficult decision, but a necessary one in restructuring the business. We would like to express our gratitude to staff for their continued support during the administration."Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Blockbuster jobs and brand saved after sale to restructuring specialist
- HMV shouldn't be closing down its Twitter feed
- HMV's Twitter feed hijacked as reports of redundancies emerge
- Should HMV be rescued and can a model be found to ensure its survival? The Marketing Society Forum:
- Can media learn from HMV?
- Group Account Director - digital - financial brand - LONDON - £75k + bens Barker Graves Up to £75k + bens, Central London
- Account Manager - various accounts - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- SAE/Junior Account Manager Barker Graves £25-£26k, London
- Account Manager - Entertainment - South Bank - £30k + bens Barker Graves £30k + bens, Central London
- Digital Account Manager - website updates - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web