Kevin Mathers takes the helm at YouTube
Kevin Mathers, director of media solutions at Google UK, has been promoted to the position of managing director of YouTube, sales and operations as Google looks to boost the video site in the UK.
A source close to Google said Mathers will continue to take a lead role in media solutions but the new role is designed to reinforce YouTube’s presence and importance in the UK.
Mathers will now report to Dan Cobley, managing director of Google in the UK and Ireland, rather than to Benjamin Faes, the managing director of media and platform at Google across Northern and Central Europe.
As director of media solutions since January 2012 following the departure of Bruce Daisley, Mathers has been responsible for the introduction and growth of ad products including search, YouTube and other video, display, commerce, social and mobile.
A former captain in the British army, Mathers has been at Google since 2006 when he joined as head of partnerships for ISPs, portals and search. He held the role of industry leader of technology between March 2010 and January 2012.
After leaving the army in 1999, Mathers spent two years as a senior project manager at T-Mobile and then two years as a manager in the strategy and operations consulting arm of Deloitte.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- TA Live: watch the live broadcasts from Afghanistan
- Trading Places: this week's people moves
- Google+'s Marvin Chow: 'We want to bring more magic to users'
- YouTube plans to challenge cable and Netflix with paid-for channels
- YouTube focuses on high-quality content with Vevo investment
- YouTube rolls out first original content channels in UK
- Google showcases professional YouTube content
- Google rejigs sales after Daisley departure
- Daisley quits Google for Twitter sales role
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.