Eurostar capitalises on Beckham publicity with ad
Eurostar is making the most of the publicity around David Beckham's arrival at French football club Paris St Germain and his promise to give his wages to charity, with a light-hearted ad highlighting its "transfer fee".
The Eurostar ad will run in print and promote the Eurostar’s own transfer fee between the UK and Paris with the tagline, "England’s football star just arrived in Paris. Transfer fee: €88*"
The ad was created by the French ad agency CLM BBDO and the white text is underlined by red and is set against a blue background, above a red silhouette of the Eiffel Tower.
At CLM BBDO the copywriter was Vincent Cusenier and the artistic director was Lucie Valloton.
At the bottom of the page, the ad continues, "London-Paris by Eurostar for as little as €88*" and then in the small print, * indicates a return ticket.
Former Manchester United and LA Galaxy midfielder Beckham, who is 37 years old, signed a five-month deal with Paris St Germain for a fee reported to be more than £3m last week, but pledged to give all his wages to charity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Front End Developer Source £25000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Head of Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Reading
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views