Brunswick's Michael Buckley to join Facebook as comms vice-president
By Brittaney Kiefer, PRWeekUS, prweek.com, Friday, 01 February 2013 02:29PM
Brunswick Group's US managing partner Michael Buckley is leaving the agency for a top communications role at Facebook.
Buckley will join Facebook in the US as V-P of business communications. Starting in March, he will be responsible for international, monetization, corporate, consumer and policy communications. He will report to V-P of communications and public policy Elliott Schrage.
A Facebook spokesperson said: 'Many on our team have known and worked with [Buckley] for years – both at Facebook and in previous jobs. He is passionate about communications and brings a wealth of experience to Facebook.'
At Brunswick, Buckley also serves on the firm's executive committee. Since joining the firm in 2001, Buckley has worked with clients including Facebook, AT&T, Chevron and Cisco on issues such as investor relations and M&A.
'The opportunity to work for a company that is literally changing the way the world connects is a remarkable one, and as a communicator I'm particularly drawn to the mission of making the world more open and connected. While leaving a rapidly growing and incredibly talented firm like Brunswick is never easy, I'm ecstatic that I will become a client,' Buckley said.
Before Brunswick, he served as senior MD and national director of the litigation group at Hill & Knowlton.
Joe Lockhart, former V-P of global communications at Facebook, left the social networking giant last October. Glover Park Group, a firm he co-founded, said last week that Lockhart would return to the agency as a senior adviser.
After a turbulent IPO last year, Facebook reported a 40% revenue increase to $1.59 billion during the fourth quarter of 2012. Brunswick worked with Facebook during its IPO process.
This article was originally published on PRWeekUS.com
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director Stopgap £55000 - £57000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Impulse Channel William Grant & Sons Highly competitive salary, £6,000 car allowance and a generous bonus 30% , Based at our prestigious offices in Hook.
- Social Media Copywriter/Senior Community Manager - London Major Players £200 - £250 per day, London
- Account Director - Small but Perfectly Formed Creative Agency Speckled Frog £40-45k, Soho London