Campaign Viral Chart: McIlroy and Woods battle in Nike Golf viral
Nike's estimated £75m new mega star and number one golfer, Rory Mcllroy, goes head-to-head with fellow brand ambassador Tiger Woods on a golf course in this week's most shared ad.
The film, produced by Nike's ad agency, Wieden & Kennedy, outshone its rivals after being shared more than 26 times a second this week. It has been viewed 4.2 million times and has been used in 140 blog posts.
Dropping five places to number seven is sportswear rival, adidas. The ad, created by Iris Worldwide celebrates Messi, Fifa's Player of the Year 2012. It has been shared more than 13,000 times this week.
Coca-Cola features twice this week at four and five but not with its high profile new anti-obesity film. Instead, the "let's go crazy" spot by Ogilvy & Mather, scores more than 26,000 shares, while "polar bears", directed by Ridley Scott, falls one place to become the fifth most-shared ad this week, with more than 20,000 shares across Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Last week's number one, Fiat, "motherhood" by Krow drops off the Viral Chart altogether.
To view the most-shared viral ads from previous weeks visit the Brand Republic viral video board on Pinterest.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
1. Nike "no cup is safe" by Wieden & Kennedy
263,935 shares this week
All time: 309,236 shares
2. Microsoft "illumiroom" by Microsoft Research
112,294 shares this week
All time: 146,289 shares
3. Sony "Xperia Z" by King Edward Filmproduktion
68,776 shares this week
All time: 151,956 shares
4. Coca-Cola "let's go crazy" by Ogilvy & Mather
26,448 shares this week
All time: 32,331 shares
5. Coca-Cola "polar bears" by Scott Free
23,157 shares this week
All time: 60,858 shares
6. YouTube "el currículum de precario" by Seedwell
17,519 shares this week
All time: 51,813 shares
7. adidas "rewind youtube style 2012" by Iris Worldwide
17,232 shares this week
All time: 1,278,723 shares
8. adidas "adidas celebrates leo messi" by Iris Worldwide
13,307 shares this week
All time: 120,959 shares
9. Zoosk "heart friend" by Camp & King
11,155 shares this week
All time: 22,675 shares
10. NBA "unbelievable is big" by Spike Lee
8,137 shares this week
All time: 27,855 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Viral Chart: Kmart ships its pants and takes first place
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi and Beyonce lead celeb-heavy list
- Campaign Viral Chart: Google dominates top 10
- Facebook critics slam Nike's Tiger Woods ad
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi Max stays on top
- Campaign Viral Chart: Dove men let their hair down
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nascar's Jeff Gordon takes a test drive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Harlem shake spoofs dominate chart
- Campaign Viral Chart: Zuckerberg and Gates line up to get kids coding
- Campaign Viral Chart: Google smashes the competition
- Campaign Viral Chart: David Beckham rises to the top chased by viral hit Sweet Brown
- Campaign Viral Chart: David Beckham H&M spot takes third place
- Campaign Viral Chart: Diet Coke 'hunk' rides out Super Bowl rush
- Campaign Viral Chart: Cristiano Ronaldo leads Nike's viral ad hat-trick
- Coca-Cola launches two-minute ad to tackle obesity
- Rory McIlroy set to sign monster deal with Nike
- Think BR: Microsoft signals break with digital media's past
- Top 10 Christmas ads 2012, as voted by mums
- Think BR: What are the supermarkets serving up for Christmas?
- Most read stories in advertising, marketing, media and PR (28 Oct - 3 Nov 2012)
- Campaign Viral Chart: Bond tops chart for Coke Zero
- Campaign Viral Chart: Brad Pitt's perfume spot overpowered by Red Bull skydive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Facebook debuts as social network reaches 1bn users
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Global Community Manager - £30- 40k Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + plus benefits, London
- Head of 3D Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP40000 - GBP50000 per annum, West Midlands
- Account Director Prospect Resourcing Ltd up to £50k, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
- Initiative scoops Amazon global media business
- Marks & Spencer loses AdWords battle to Interflora