Spanish bank BBVA calls media contest
BBVA, the Spanish bank, has approached media agency groups ahead of a review of its global media planning and buying business.
It is thought that the review is at an early stage. A number of separate industry sources said their parent company was currently deciding whether it was able to pitch for the account.
The majority of BBVA’s marketing is thought to be focused in Spain and the Americas, although the bank has three branches in London.
In September 2010, BBVA signed a marketing partnership with the US National Basketball Association and launched an NBA-themed campaign that Christmas.
After an international media review, BBVA appointed MPG Media Contacts in Latin America and the US and OMD in Spain and Portugal in September 2005.
BBVA was one of the first Spanish banks to expand internationally: it opened its first branch outside Spain in Paris in 1902 and its first UK branch in 1918.
The company was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Midweight Digital Designer - Central London - 40k Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Social Account Manager Xcede Recruitment Solutions £38000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Digital / Video / Motion Producer - Central London - up to 60k Red Sofa London £45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits, London
- ***JAVA CONSULTANT*** GREAT OPPORTUNITY - ZURICH Preferred Choice Recruitment £65000 - £80000 per annum + Bonuses £8-10k + Benefits, ZÃ¼rich
- Artworkers - Junior and Midweight Red Sofa London £22000 - £27000 per annum, London
Who should you be kissing on Twitter? A new microsite offers guidance
It’s National Kissing Day, as if you didn’t know. And to celebrate, instead of kissing each other, the lingerie company Curvy Kate has developed a new microsite. Using a scientific formula, otherwise known as the Twitter API, Curvy Kate has looked at who you follow and your tweets to determine who you should be kissing.