YouView kicks off review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
YouView is looking for a new advertising agency to handle its £10 million account after splitting with the incumbent, Adam & Eve/DDB.
The internet TV service, which has Lord Sugar as its chairman, has contacted agencies to invite them to pitch for the business.
As the brand is not using an intermediary, the review will be overseen by YouView’s marketing team, with input from Sugar himself.
It is understood Adam & Eve/DDB resigned the account in December.
A YouView spokeswoman said: "Adam & Eve has been central to the success of YouView’s launch campaign, but a mutual agreement was made that our creative advertising agency requirements are changing as we move into the next phase of YouView’s evolution, so we are planning to review our arrangements in early this year."
YouView, a joint venture between TalkTalk, BT, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, the BBC and Arqiva, launched its first major ad campaign in September last year.
The TV ad showed actors and characters including Sherlock’s Benedict Cumberbatch, Doctor Who’s Daleks and Downton Abbey’s Dame Maggie Smith projected on to buildings.
Sugar, who is paid £500,000 a year to chair the venture, revealed at an industry event hosted by Nabs late last year that he had "abstained" from becoming involved in the advertising for YouView, admitting: "If ever there was a case of watching the mother-in-law drive the Ferrari off the cliff, this is it."
YouView first appointed Adam & Eve in 2010 after a controversial pitch process.
Initially, YouView had awarded its advertising account to CHI & Partners but, after reported conflict issues, revealed two weeks later that Adam & Eve had been handed the business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- SEO Manager - Global Financial Brand - £45-55K - London Propel £45000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Junior Project Manager Mustard Jobs Circa £25,000, London
- Web Trading Manager JV Recruitment GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits + Bonus, West Yorkshire
- Account Executive - 2 years' experience Twist Recruitment £21 - £25000 per annum + benefits, West End
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.