Barclaycard drafts in Virgin Media marketer for digital programme
Barclaycard has beefed up its marketing team ahead of the launch of its digital marketplace, hiring Virgin Media marketer Chris Bibby to oversee activity backing the roll-out.
The payments brand will launch a digital rewards and offers scheme this year, targeting consumers with deals and promotions tailored to their age, income and spending behaviour. Barclaycard is in the process of signing up partner businesses via a dedicated merchant portal.
Bibby has been hired on a temporary contract as head of marketing for the scheme, overseeing the launch advertising and acquisition marketing. He had spent six years at Virgin Media, where he rose to marketing director, direct and customer; it will not look to hire a direct replacement.
Bibby joins ex-BMI marketing director Stuart Beamish on the team. Beamish, who joined Barclaycard in October, has previously held marketing roles at British Airways.
In November, Barclaycard rolled out its biggest ad campaign in almost three years, featuring a magic toyshop.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Barclaycard claims antidote to daily deals 'fatigue' with Bespoke Offers service
- Barclaycard to sponsor Hyde Park gigs
- Tennant, Bolt and Branson back for Virgin Media ads
- Barclaycard creates magical toyshop to push payment technology
- Barclaycard gets music fans to voice support for Mercury artists
- Barclaycard prepares Bespoke Offers digital deals service
- Group Account Director - digital - financial brand - LONDON - £75k + bens Barker Graves Up to £75k + bens, Central London
- Account Manager - various accounts - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- SAE/Junior Account Manager Barker Graves £25-£26k, London
- Account Manager - Entertainment - South Bank - £30k + bens Barker Graves £30k + bens, Central London
- Digital Account Manager - website updates - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web