Campaign Viral Chart: 2012 hangs on a while longer
Google and YouTube's reviews of 2012 dominate this week's viral chart, with Fiat taking third place with its rap about motherhood.
The past week’s most recommended video with 195,848 shares is Google’s ‘Zeitgeist 2012: Year in Review’, which recaps major global events such as the Olympics, the Arab Spring and Felix Baumgartner’s jump from space.
In a similar but more light-hearted vein, Google’s video-sharing site YouTube looks back at what was popular in 2012 by creating a new video for smash song ‘Gangnam Style’.
In third place, Fiat takes off the rap music video format with ‘The Motherhood featuring Fiat 500L’. Produced by Rubber Republic, the car gets substantial screen time as a woman sums up life with children with lines such as "I’m expressive, I express all the time because the doc said to not breastfeed is a crime".
To view the most-shared viral ads from previous weeks visit the Brand Republic viral video board on Pinterest.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
1. Google 'Zeitgeist 2012: Year In Review' by Whirled
195,848 shares this week
All time: 604,719 shares
2. YouTube "Rewind YouTube Style 2012" by Seedwell
73,257 shares this week
All time: 1,230,304 shares
3. Fiat 'The Motherhood feat. Fiat 500L' created by Rubber Republic
37,240 shares this week
All time: 164,750 shares
4. Samsung/ Disney 'Wreck-it Ralph Challenge' created by Feref/Starcom
26,734 shares this week
All time: 80,462 shares
5. SPCA 'Meet Porter. The World's First Driving Dog.' by DraftFCB
15,092 shares this week
All time: 573,855 shares
6. Campofrio 'El Curriculum de Todos' by McCann Erickson
7,750 shares this week
All time: 222,192 shares
7. Victoria's Secret 'Deck the Halls' created by Madoff Productions
6,824 shares this week
All time: 206,063 shares
8. Samsung 'Samsung Galaxy Note II - Office Upgrade' by 72 And Sunny
4,830 shares this week
All time: 8,984 shares
9. Kia 'Optima Blake Time Travels' by David&Goliath, El Segundo, USA
3,609 shares this week
All time: 28,951 shares
10. Ford Europe 'SNOWKHANA ONE' by Content Factory
3,249 shares this week
All time: 20,357 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Viral Chart: Google dominates top 10
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi Max stays on top
- Campaign Viral Chart: Dove men let their hair down
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nascar's Jeff Gordon takes a test drive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Harlem shake spoofs dominate chart
- Campaign Viral Chart: Zuckerberg and Gates line up to get kids coding
- Campaign Viral Chart: Google smashes the competition
- Campaign Viral Chart: David Beckham rises to the top chased by viral hit Sweet Brown
- Campaign Viral Chart: David Beckham H&M spot takes third place
- Campaign Viral Chart: Diet Coke 'hunk' rides out Super Bowl rush
- Campaign Viral Chart: Cristiano Ronaldo leads Nike's viral ad hat-trick
- Think BR: Microsoft signals break with digital media's past
- Top 10 Christmas ads 2012, as voted by mums
- Think BR: What are the supermarkets serving up for Christmas?
- Most read stories in advertising, marketing, media and PR (28 Oct - 3 Nov 2012)
- Campaign Viral Chart: Bond tops chart for Coke Zero
- Campaign Viral Chart: Brad Pitt's perfume spot overpowered by Red Bull skydive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Facebook debuts as social network reaches 1bn users
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- TEMPORARY ART & EDITORIAL CO-ORDINATOR Creative Recruitment £35000 - £39000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Account Manager - Beauty and entertainment clients! Section:Media Ltd £35,000 - £40,000, London
- Senior research executive - Online Research Elizabeth Norman International £26000 - £32000 Per Annum, London
- Senior Digital Planner Buyer Section:Media Ltd £25,000 - £29,000, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
Twitter gives brands adds lead generation to
It is a significant move that brings the ability for Twitter users to easily leave their contact details within expanded tweets, called the Lead Generation Card, to express interest in what a brand is offering.