Google+ reunites Wallace and Gromit stars for Christmas ad
Google is reuniting the characters from the 'Wallace and Gromit' films for a festive video aimed at highlighting how Google+ can bring together family and friends.
Aardman Animations, the creators of Wallace and Gromit, has made the ad that stars the eponymous characters alongside Trixie and Captain Cuddlepuss from 'Creature Comforts' and Shaun the Sheep and Ginger from 'Chicken Run'.
Creative shows the characters using a Google+ Hangout, which supports a multi-person video chat with up to 10 screens, to open their presents together.
The YouTube video ends with the strapline, "Get the family together, wherever they are", and prompts people to invite their families to use the service.
Google has created a website to host the ad, which is designed to be a personalised video information that can be sent to friends and family. familyhangouts.withgoogle.com
Adam & Eve/DDB was behind the concept for the video, while Rehabstudio created the website. Essence is handling the media planning and buying for the campaign in the UK, US, Germany and France.
Google has also created a Holiday Effects app to run alongside the Hangout service, which allows people to put on a Santa hat, reindeer antlers or Wallace’s tank top.
Merlin Crossingham, creative director for Wallace and Gromit, said: "Seeing all of the Aardman characters coming together for the first time is something we are sure our fans the world over will absolutely love."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- planning Director Twist Recruitment £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web