GNM hires former ITV marketer Julia Porter as consumer revenues director
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 December 2012 09:54AM
Guardian News and Media (GNM), publisher of the Guardian and The Observer, has hired former ITV marketer Julia Porter to the role of director of consumer revenues.
Porter, who has been working in the role on an interim basis, takes up the position permanently in January.
She will report to chief commercial officer David Pempsel and will have a focus on driving up subscriptions and brand extension opportunities.
The Guardian reported a circulation of 203,592 in November, of which 46,898 were through subscriptions.
Prior to The Guardian, where she has been working for the past five months, Porter was interim chief marketing officer at brand asset management company Adgistics.
Before this she was commercial marketing director at ITV for five and a half years.
She is currently a non-executive director for the Direct Marketing Association, and in the past, was a non-executive director for Freeview and Thinkbox.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Art Director/Head of Art Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Specialist Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £33000 per annum, Coventry
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society c. £55K, Lambeth, London (Please note we are relocating to 66-68 East Smithfield Street, E1W in 2015)
- Senior Account Manager, Digital - Automotive Account Copeland Select High £30,000s, London