ITV attracts 10.6m viewers to I'm a Celeb final
The 12th series of ITV's reality show, 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!', peaked with 10.6 million viewers on Saturday 1 December, a 47% audience share.
The five-minute peak audience for 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' came as viewers tuned into ITV1, ITV1 HD and ITV1 +1 at 10.15pm to watch Charlie Brooks, who plays Janine Butcher in ‘Eastenders’, crowned Queen of the jungle.
Brooks beat Pussycat Dolls' Ashley Roberts into second place, with world heavyweight champion boxer David Hayes taking third.
'I'm a Celeb's' Saturday competition included BBC1's 'Casualty' (3.6 million/14.0% share), 'Live at the Apollo' (2.4 million/10.4%), BBC2's 'Michael Jackson: Bad 25' (800,000/4.6%), Channel 4's 'Star Trek' movie repeat (1.2 million/5.8%) and Channel 5's 'Boxing' (1.3 million/5.8%)
In terms of unofficial 15 minute viewing figures, the final show of the series averaged 9.8 million and a 42% share - an increase of 200,000 viewers on last year's final.
Overall, series 12 has averaged 9.2 million viewers and a 37% share, making it the fourth most watched series ever, up on last year's series average of 8.9 million viewers.
The figures represent another good year for ITV's stalwart series, fronted by Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly, despite the 'I'm a Celeb' launch night on 12 November being down 200,000 viewers from the previous year.
An ITV spokesperson said: "With recorded viewing factored in, 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here' Series 12 is currently averaging 10.7 million viewers, making it the highest rating series in the show's history, based on consolidated data."Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Propel £35000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Kensington and Chelsea
- Sales Support Assistant Hays Information Technology £18000.00 - £20000.00 per annum, Christchurch
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Client Director - Branding to £60k Network Career Consultants £52000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Account Manager - famous global agency -- £35k + bens Barker Graves Up to £35k + bens, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web