Dunstone to bring Obama's favourite burger chain to the UK
Sir Charles Dunstone, the founder of Carphone Warehouse, is moving into fast food and is bringing Five Guys, a US burger chain to Britain, according to a report.
Dunstone has formed a joint venture with the parent company of Five Guys and plans to open the first of a number of outlets next year, beginning with a flagship store in London.
Five Guys is part of a new breed of fast-food chains that have proved popular in the US. Its menu includes hot dogs, burgers, sandwiches and chips.
Five Guys boasts 1,000 outlets in the US and Canada. President Obama is understood to be a fan of the chain.
Dunstone founded Carphone Warehouse in 1989 with savings of just £6,000. The success of the chain has meant his fortune has rocketed to £1bn, according to The Sunday Times Rich List.
The UK fast-food landscape is dominated by the likes of McDonald's, Subway and Burger King.
The details of the Dunstone venture appeared in The Sunday Times.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Creative & Strategic Brand Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£40k, London
- Senior Account Manager - Retail Royds Raphael £35k-£45k+excellent benefits, London
- Digital Strategist/Planner - FMCG Stopgap £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Account Director - Digital - Pure Play Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - Botique Full Service Agency PFJ £42000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
30 Seconds to Mars stratospheric rise on social media
In the week that it was shown that users only visited the planet Google+ for less than 7 minutes a month it’s interesting to look at how a contemporary rock artist brand goes about using social media in their marketing and the different levels of interest on different platforms.