Tesco rolls We7 brand into Blinkbox
Tesco has dropped the digital music service We7's brand name, rolling it into its non-subscription digital film and TV service, Blinkbox.
The supermarket bought a 91% stake in the digital music service, which competes with Spotify, for £10.8m in June, as part of its strategy to expand its digital entertainment strategy.
It is also bringing its digital book service, Mobcast under the Blinkbox name to create a unified digital entertainment brand. Tesco is dropping the We7 brand name immediately.
The supermarket chain is putting greater marketing muscle behind Blinkbox, rolling out its first ad campaign for the service – in which it owns an 80% stake – earlier this month.
It is aiming to take on the pure-play digital entertainment services by tying the service into its multichannel offering. Rival supermarket Sainsbury’s recently entered the digital film market, through a partnership with Rovi.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £55k - £60k, London, Soho
- Project Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000, Central London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
- Marketing Communications Assistant Michael Page Digital GBP11 per hour, St.Albans
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
Twitter gives brands lead generation with new cards
It is a significant move that brings the ability for Twitter users to easily leave their contact details within expanded tweets, called the Lead Generation Card, to express interest in what a brand is offering.