Merlin hands The Dungeons relaunch activity to Inferno
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
Merlin Entertainments has appointed Inferno to relaunch The London Dungeon and The Dungeons brand globally.
Inferno won the business after a pitch and will work on a campaign spanning TV, outdoor, print, trade, point-of-sale, digital and social media.
It will develop a strategic repositioning of Merlin’s pan-European Dungeons portfolio of attractions, where local history is brought to life with actors and special effects.
The appointment follows the announcement that The London Dungeon is to move to a new site at County Hall.
Rebecca Hamilton, the global head of marketing at Merlin, said: "Inferno gave us an impressive pitch presentation and, as such, we’re delighted to be working with them. 2013 will be an exciting year for The Dungeons, with a bigger, better, bolder new London Dungeon opening next to the London Eye in March and a Dungeon opening in Berlin.
"The Dungeons offer such a fantastic experience that leaves you laughing – we needed to work with an agency that could communicate the experience as well as ‘get’ our sense of humour."
Tim Doust, the Inferno vice-chairman and founder, said: "We are thrilled to be working with such a well-loved brand as The Dungeons."
Separately, Merlin kicked off a pitch earlier this month to find an agency to create a 2013 campaign for the EDF Energy London Eye.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London