MEC scoops £45m Kingfisher media
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
Kingfisher has handed MEC its consolidated £45 million media planning and buying business for its B&Q, TradePoint and Screwfix brands.
The appointment, which coincides with the ongoing B&Q creative review, follows a final head-to-head with ZenithOptimedia.
MEC was the incumbent on the media planning for the £34 million B&Q business, while ZenithOptimedia handled its media buying.
ZenithOptimedia also looked after the media planning and buying for Screwfix, the online supplier of trade tools that spends £6 million on media, according to Nielsen.
Carat Manchester was the incumbent on B&Q’s TradePoint brand, which targets building professionals. Carat was involved in the pitch process at its early stages.
Kingfisher launched the review in August with the consultant Paul Longhurst.
A result on B&Q’s creative contest is expected imminently, with Karmarama and WCRS vying for the account. McCann London, the incumbent, pulled out of the process.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Strategist The Little Black Book Agency £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Director Source £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Account Director - Senior Account Director Source £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Project Manager Source £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Shopper Marketing and Sales Promotion Account Handlers Source £30000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
Pinterest takes big step towards working with major brands
It marks Pinterest’s first step towards associating images directly with brands and could be the beginning of a change on the social network that sees it become a marketplace as well as a site where people pin ideas of things they like or that inspire them.