Michael Barrett tipped to leave Yahoo
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 18 October 2012 10:04AM
Yahoo is reportedly losing Michael Barrett, chief revenue officer, in yet another change at the top of the business.
Barrett was hired in June by Ross Levinsohn, interim chief executive, prior to the appoitment of Marissa Mayer as chief executive. He is responsible for Yahoo's ad revenue and operations in the Americas, EMEA and APAC regions.
Barrett joined Yahoo from Google’s Admeld, where he was chief executive. He has also worked with Levinsohn at Fox Interactive Media.
According to several US reports, Barrett’s departure, which has been touted since Levinsohn left the business, became more certain when Mayer appointed Google executive Henrique de Castro as its new chief operating officer this week, with sales moving into his remit.
Yahoo said it could not confirm his departure.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham