Michael Barrett tipped to leave Yahoo
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 18 October 2012 10:04AM
Yahoo is reportedly losing Michael Barrett, chief revenue officer, in yet another change at the top of the business.
Barrett was hired in June by Ross Levinsohn, interim chief executive, prior to the appoitment of Marissa Mayer as chief executive. He is responsible for Yahoo's ad revenue and operations in the Americas, EMEA and APAC regions.
Barrett joined Yahoo from Google’s Admeld, where he was chief executive. He has also worked with Levinsohn at Fox Interactive Media.
According to several US reports, Barrett’s departure, which has been touted since Levinsohn left the business, became more certain when Mayer appointed Google executive Henrique de Castro as its new chief operating officer this week, with sales moving into his remit.
Yahoo said it could not confirm his departure.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - SOCIAL MEDIA - Integrated agency - London - £40-45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k, London
- Russian speaking PPC Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £40000 per annum, Middlesex
- Direct Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital £13 per hour, Cambridge
- Digital Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital £22000 - £30000 per annum, Bournemouth
- Fashion Account Director Michael Page Digital £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
Chronicles of Cannes – The Arrival
The annual advertising hajj that is the Cannes Lions has kicked off in a steamy haze of rosé, Brazilians and flashy boats. Twelve thousand delegates are desperately seeking out free drinks in between trying to squeeze into packed talks by a mix of celebs, industry legends, wannabes and hasbeens.