Manning Gottlieb OMD lands Prostate Cancer UK business
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 September 2012 08:51AM
Prostate Cancer UK has appointed Manning Gottlieb OMD to handle its £1.5m media planning and buying account after a competitive pitch.
As reported two weeks ago, the pitch was conducted by the AAR and contested by incumbent MI Media, which partnered with Arena Media, and the7Stars.
Seamus O'Farrell, director of communications at Prostate Cancer UK, said: "Prostate cancer needs to become a highly salient issue, quickly and Prostate Cancer UK must raise revenues dramatically.
"Creative media planning and investment is critical. We need to make every £1 invested seem like £4. Manning Gottlieb has developed some remarkable thinking to deliver this."
MG OMD, part of the Omnicom Media Group, will help the charity to boost awareness of prostate cancer as an issue and raise funds to further its research goals which include developing a robust screening test.
Prostate Cancer UK plans to move beyond its traditional direct response activity, and will work in partnership with MG OMD to "develop its communications strategy and deliver fully integrated plans across multiple channels for the first time".
Robert Ffitch, managing director at MG OMD, said: "Prostate Cancer kills 10,000 men a year. The same tragic scale as breast cancer, and yet awareness of the problem and support to find cures and help is a fraction compared to other terrible diseases in the UK."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Prostate Cancer UK hires former war reporter to comms team
- Prostate Cancer UK seeks to 'save the man' with regular donations
- Mathew Horne tells cinema goers to 'CoppaFeel!' in breast cancer awareness ad
- Prostate Cancer UK calls media pitch
- Prostate Cancer UK enlists bloggers to reach football fans
- Prostate Cancer drops Charity from name because of negative connotations
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Digital/Ecommerce/Online Marketing Executive Alpari (UK) Ltd Up to £35,000 + bonus & benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Renewables Met Office £20,570 up to £21,560 for exceptional candidates + competitive benefits, Based in Exeter
- Senior web producer for clientside role in Clerkenwell £45-50k Digital Gurus £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
- Initiative scoops Amazon global media business
- Marks & Spencer loses AdWords battle to Interflora
Forget the digital cluster bomb – be more like Bob
It’s said that the average person is exposed to 30,000 marketing messages a day. To me that’s worrying news for us marketers – especially if it’s your job is to build marketing relationships with consumers.