Southern Comfort appoints Wieden & Kennedy London to UK ad account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 26 September 2012 12:06PM
Southern Comfort has appointed Wieden & Kennedy London to be its lead creative agency in the UK, handling its above-the-line and digital work.
Wieden & Kennedy London won the account without a pitch and follows the brand’s appointment of Wieden & Kennedy New York as its global agency of record in July this year.
The previous incumbent on the above-the-line business in the UK was Arnold KLP, while Grape handled the digital business.
Wieden’s in London also handles the advertising for Southern Comfort sister brands Finlandia and Maximus, which are all owned by Brown-Forman.
W&K London will be implementing the New York office's creative strategy "Whatever’s Comfortable" and follows W&K New York’s first work for the brand which launched last month in the US and today (Wednesday) in the UK.
W&K London, managing director, Neil Christie said: "We're delighted to add Southern Comfort to the WK London drinks trolley. It's a truly iconic brand and we look forward to working on it with the Brown Forman team."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014