Dare breakaway duo launch Mr President
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 08:00AM
The former Dare executives Claire Hynes and Nick Emmel are teaming up to launch an agency called Mr President, which is backed by Dare's holding company.
Mr President is positioned as a digital strategic consultancy that also offers creative execution. Vision7 International, which owns Dare’s parent, EDC, has a minority stake in the business.
The agency’s founding client is Bacardi Limited, for which it will work on a project for Martini, and it will also handle briefs from Axa and Localgiving.com.
Hynes, previously the joint managing director at Dare, and Emmel, its former executive planning director, have launched the Soho-based shop after almost a year’s preparation.
Mr President is positioned as "a small, nimble team" of creatives, strategists and digital experts. Its founders said it is named Mr President because "we have small-agency syndrome, so we named ourselves after someone big. It makes us feel better."
Hynes worked at Dare for eight years before leaving in December last year. She previously held positions at the digital company Oyster Partners before it merged with LBi. She has also worked at AKQA.
Before working at Dare for six years, Emmel was an account manager at TMW and 141 Worldwide.Follow @KatherinePLevy
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Producer / Digital Project Manager - (Agency) Guru Careers £40-45k + Benefits, London (W11)
- Senior Account Director Blue Tree Recruits £46,000 to £52,000 per annum, Shere
- Qualitative Research Manager Morph Talent £30,000 - £40,000 Depending experience , NW1
- Account Executive Blue Tree Recruits Up to £25,000 depending on experience plus benefits, Putney Bridge
- Web Design Administrator Blue Tree Recruits £21,000 per annum, plus benefits, Woking
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London