Nestlé runs GPS-fitted chocolate bars competition
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 17 September 2012 12:00PM
Nestlé is running a two-week outdoor campaign to support its latest competition, which has fitted chocolate bars with GPS devices that, when activated, will help its team to deliver a £10,000 cheque to a lucky winner.
The campaign involves Nestle chocolate bars KitKat 4 Finger, KitKat Chunky, Aero Peppermint and Yorkie Milk.
Three thousand six-sheet posters have been fitted with NFC and QR touchpoints that will direct smartphones to a mobile landing page.
The landing page offers the chance to enter a secondary competition with an on-pack code via Facebook, and informs people how many of the original six GPS-fitted bars are left. There are six prizes to be won.
Outdoor specialist Posterscope has placed ads created by JWT on posters owned by Clear Channel, Primesight and JCDecaux, on behalf of media agency Mindshare.
Posterscope claims that out-of-home is fast becoming a "recognised physical portal" through which consumers can connect instantly with the online content of their favourite brands.
In July, Nestlé appointed JWT London to handle its UK digital marketing account for the Kit Kat brand.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Thorntons expects online choc offering to generate 10% of sales
- Nestlé sends KitKat into space for Felix Baumgartner
- Shaun Gregory joins Ocean Outdoor as non-executive director
- Clear Channel UK partners Movember to raise awareness of men's health
- JCDecaux promotes Wiles to replace Brown as director of trading
- Nestle marketing controller joins Wells and Young's
- Nestle calls review of Aero digital account
- Nestle buys Pfizer's baby food unit for $11.85bn
- Account Manager - Gaming Brand PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Senior Broadcast Manager PFJ £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- New Business Director Dynamic New Alliances £0.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Digital Account Director Dot-Gap £38k, Central London
- Search Account Director Dot-Gap £43k, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
Yahoo set to announce $1.1bn to buy Tumblr on Monday
AllThingsD is reporting that last week’s rumoured deal that would see Yahoo pay as much as $1bn buy Tumblr is set to become a reality and will be announced officially on Monday.