Campaign Viral Chart: Lager and Angry Birds make the top three
This week's chart brings several new entries from brands including Samsung, Volkswagen and Angry Birds, and is topped by an Australian beer ad that imagines how bank robbers might go on the run without spilling their pints.
Shared 43,000 times this week, the ad for Carlton Draught was created by Clemenger BBDO Melbourne.
Samsung gets two ads in, taking second with a long "hands-on demo" video for its Galaxy Note II tablet /mobile hybrid created by Cheil, and seventh with an ad promoting the sharing of moments from the Olympic Games via its Galaxy S3 phone, also by Cheil.
Angry Birds equals Samsung's feat with one video supporting the Aids initiative Freddie For A Day and one promoting Bad Piggies, a spin-off of its first, record-breaking franchise.
Elsewhere in the chart, a US ad for Volkswagen's Jetta by Deutsch LA riffs on the recurring dog theme with an unfortunate bulldog.
Creature of London gives UK agencies representation in this week's cosmpolitan top ten with an Adidas/Foot Locker spot featuring Snoop Lion (née Dogg).
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
1. Carlton Draught 'beer chase' by Clemenger BBDO Melbourne
42,900 shares this week
All time: 55,822 shares
2. Galaxy 'Note II' by Cheil
24,136 shares this week
All time: 30,487 shares
3. Rovio 'Angry Birds join Freddie for a day' created in-house
16,041 shares this week
All time: 26,691 shares
4. Fifa 'join the club' by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam
10,288 shares this week
All time: 24,420 shares
5. Volvo 'ballerina stunt' by Forsman and Bodenfors
4,307 shares this week
All time: 45,109 shares
6. Lego 'the Lego story' by Lani Pixels
3,562 shares this week
All time: 149,207 shares
7. Samsung 'golden moment' by Cheil
2,932 shares this week
All time: 6,282 shares
8. Volkswagen 'bad dog, good Volkswagen' by Deutsch LA
2,856 shares this week
All time: 4,820 shares
9. Rovio 'something pig is coming' created in-house
2,596 shares this week
All time: 4,493 shares
10. Foot Locker 'let's roll' by Creature of London
4,468 shares this week
All time: 5,189 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Viral Chart: Hollywood boosts shares of top viral ads
- Campaign Viral Chart: Belgian mindreader fends off Lana Del Rey
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung takes two top spots with Apple spoof
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pundit turns metal to top chart
- Campaign Viral Chart: Adidas lip-sync comes second to Malaysian rice ad
- Campaign Viral Chart: P&G Olympic ad takes silver
- Campaign Viral Chart: Zombies rule in Walking Dead ad
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £32000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £32000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Community Manager - Digital Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
- Initiative scoops Amazon global media business
- WCRS scoops £15m European Betfair ad account
All aboard Marissa Mayer’s Yahoo acquisition train
Marissa Mayer certainly knew what was coming when Yahoo announced its $1.1bn (£723m / 857m euros) purchase of blogging platform Tumblr earlier this week. Rather than waiting for the critics to pounce, she issued a rather succinct, clear and highly quotable message proactively: “we promise not to screw it up”.