Eurostar post-Olympic ads focus on cultural exchange
Eurostar has launched a post-Olympic ad campaign calling on consumers to "Bring something interesting back" from a trip abroad with the rail company.
The ads (see below) focus on aspects of British cultural life that originated in Eurostar’s destination countries France and Belgium.
One execution dwells on the origins of cricket, with the poster ad stating, "Crekketes, first recorded in Belgium, 1533. Cricket, established in London, 1744".
Another humorous ad shows a classic 20s Parisian scene alongside a shot of British women on a night out, stating, "Parisian chic: little black dress, 1926. Essex cheek: LBD, 2012".
The print, digital and outdoor campaign, the first since Eurostar appointed ad agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, will run for two weeks.
Media planning and buying was handled by Arena Media.
The latest ad push promotes the brand’s lowest price rail deal of £59 for a return journey between London and Paris or Brussels.
Lionel Benbassat, director of marketing and brand at Eurostar, told Marketing: "This pushes an attractive price but at the same time gives an insight into our travel philosophy, and helps to build the brand."
Click to expand pictures
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Eurostar capitalises on Beckham publicity with ad
- Eurostar summer bookings flat despite Olympics sponsorship
- Back to work with a bump: five marketing take-outs from summer 2012
- Eurostar flags up marketing as central to sales rise
- Eurostar stages one-day promotion to celebrate 100 days to Olympics
- Jarvis Cocker helps boost Eurostar passenger numbers
- Eurostar seeks top marketers for European team
- Digital Producer / Digital Project Manager - (Agency) Guru Careers £40-45k + Benefits, London (W11)
- Senior Account Director Blue Tree Recruits £46,000 to £52,000 per annum, Shere
- Qualitative Research Manager Morph Talent £30,000 - £40,000 Depending experience , NW1
- Account Executive Blue Tree Recruits Up to £25,000 depending on experience plus benefits, Putney Bridge
- Web Design Administrator Blue Tree Recruits £21,000 per annum, plus benefits, Woking
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London