Old Spice pumps out interactive music activity
Wieden & Kennedy Portland has created a digital campaign for Old Spice to promote Danger Zone, the brand's latest scent, which features muscleman Terry Crews playing a drum set with his muscles.
The video features Crews strapped to a makeshift drum kit, surrounded cymbals, saxophones and a keyboard.
He plays a song by moving his muscles, which are attached to a set of pads on his pecks, arms and abdomen that are hooked up to the instruments.
The video then turns into an interactive experience in which consumers can control Crews' muscles and the sounds he produces through their own keyboard, and then record their own version of the song for Danger Zone.
The video was created through a collaboration between Wieden & Kennedy Portland, video platform Vimeo, director Tom Kuntz, Mackenzie Cutler and production company The Mill.
Vimeo has built a custom experience and a creation tool for Old Spice that can be embedded into all of the brand’s social media channels.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Pick of the Week - Wieden & Kennedy Portland/Nike
- Campaign Viral Chart: P&G Olympic ad takes silver
- Wieden & Kennedy to use Tesco 'every little helps' strapline
- Ian Darby: W&K's Tesco scoop is a triumph for creativity
- Old Spice man wins medals in latest Believe In 'Yoursmellf' spot
- Marc Pritchard interview: How P&G 'cracked' social ROI
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Investment Writer EMR £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £35,000, Northamptonshire
- Design Team Leader Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- senior sponsorship manager (1 year contract) > ICONIC UK BRAND > MUSIC collectivo Up to £48k plus great co. bens, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.