Virgin Atlantic to revamp in-flight entertainment
Virgin Atlantic is overhauling its decade-old in-flight entertainment system to offer a more stylish and simple interface for passengers.
It has appointed R/GA London as its digital partner to carry out a design and usability refresh.
The agency, which won the business after a competitive pitch, plans to create a best in class entertainment system, which is intuitive and has the ‘movie as hero’.
Simon Soni, Virgin Atlantic’s head of in-flight services, said: "Virgin Atlantic prides itself in offering one of the best onboard media experiences in the sky and through a new stylish and simple to use design from R/GA London, we’re sure our passengers will find the system easy to use."
The new in-flight entertainment system is due to roll out to 25 aircraft before the end of the year.
Jim Moffatt, vice president managing director, R/GA London said the project was a "great opportunity for us to really combine our tech and creative skills into an innovative digital user experience – simplifying complex technology for consumers is what we do best."
Virgin Atlantic recently appointed former BBC marketer Simon Lloyd as its marketing director, ending a six-month search after Paul Dickinson left the company.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Branson hits back at BA over Virgin Atlantic brand axe rumours
- Virgin Atlantic chief Steve Ridgway steps down
- Virgin to reward most frequent flyer with free trip into space
- Branson tells tourists where to go in new Virgin London guide
- Virgin Atlantic poaches BBC's Simon Lloyd for top marketing role
- Virgin Atlantic to appeal against BMI takeover
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- SEO Account Director Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web