Interpublic profits drop 3.1% to $105.5m
Interpublic (IPG), the world's fourth largest advertising group, has become the first of the big four to reveal a drop in second quarter profits.
IPG yesterday unveiled a 3.1% year-on-year drop in second quarter net income to $105.5m (£67m).
IPG, which owns McCann Erickson and DraftFCB as well as media networks Universal McCann and Initiative, was hit by a 3.7% decline in revenue in its home turf of the United States to $950.8m.
International revenues rose 1.6% to $764.8m, but overall revenues fell 1.4% to $1.72bn.
Michael Roth, chairman and chief executive of Interpublic, said: "The global economic situation remains uncertain, which will require vigilance.
"We are nonetheless targeting stronger growth in the second half, in order to achieve our full year 2012 objective of 3% organic revenue growth."
The group’s second quarter organic revenue growth was 0.8%.Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Entrepreneurial Digital Director needed Gabriele Skelton £60000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment negotiable, St. Albans
- Pipeline Developer - CG Studio - London Network Career Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Senior Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP50000 - GBP55000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.