Guinness appoints Cybercom to digital strategy in Western Europe
Guinness, the Diageo-owned Irish stout, has appointed Ireland-headquartered digital agency Cybercom as its lead strategic and digital strategic partner for Western Europe.
Guinness has worked with TMW on its digital and shopper marketing business in the UK for the past eight years and although the digital strategy will move to Cybercom, TMW will continue to work on the brand’s shopper marketing.
Cybercom will work on Guinness’ digital marketing strategy across all aspects of the Guinness brand including draught Guinness and Guinness Black Lager.
The move expands Cybercom’s seven-year relationship with the Guinness brand. The agency already designs and maintains its webstore and has worked on campaigns such as Arthur’s Day, the celebration of founder Arthur Guinness.
In the past Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, the brand's global advertising agency, has created online activity as part of its broader campaigns.
It emerged in May that Guinness was looking for a shop to handle its digital and direct accounts as part of a consolidation of its agency arrangements in Western Europe.
Jonathan Forrest, managing director, Cybercom, said: "We didn’t underestimate the scale of the pitch and knew that it meant applying a world-class team from strategic planning, creative, social and media innovation to deliver a rigorous model that would demonstrate how we can best position Guinness for growth via digital platforms and channels."
Cybercom has more than 50 staff in offices in Dublin and London and works with brands such as Coca-Cola across Europe, Jurys Inn and L’Oreal in the UK, and RBS and Vodafone in Ireland.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Guinness takes to skies in social media-driven campaign
- Guinness celebrates Arthur's Day in global ad
- Guinness seeks agency for direct and digital business
- Guinness 'St Patrick's Day' by AMV BBDO
- Guinness launches St Patrick's Day sheep dog viral
- Guinness eyes Guinness World Record for St Patrick's Day
- Tribal DDB wins Guinness visitor attraction brief
- Digital Account Director Dot-Gap £38k, Central London
- Search Account Director Dot-Gap £43k, Central London
- Social Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Broadcast Planning & Buying - Senior Management Position PFJ £70000 per annum, London
- Digital Media Manager - Client side - Entertainment PFJ £45000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
Yahoo set to announce $1.1bn to buy Tumblr on Monday
AllThingsD is reporting that last week’s rumoured deal that would see Yahoo pay as much as $1bn buy Tumblr is set to become a reality and will be announced officially on Monday.