EDF to power London Eye light shows with Olympic tweets
EDF Energy will illuminate the London Eye during the Olympics and Paralympics with a light show made from tweets about the Games.
The 'Energy Of The Nation' campaign will measure the mood of the nation during the Olympics using data sourced from 10 million UK Twitter users.
Brand experience agency Ignite will activate the campaign by working alongside a team of MIT graduates in order to filter the tweets originating from the UK that reference the Olympics.
The results will then be used to put on a "low-carbon" lightshow every night at 9pm in order to draw attention to EDF Energy's sponsorship of the London Eye and the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
EDF Energy will also set up a Mission Control structure at the London Eye that will allow visitors to participate in activity through digital and social media activity.
The experiential activity will launch tomorrow (19 July).
An 'Energy Of The Nation' website has been set up to support the campaign, alongside an Energy2012 mobile app and Energy of the Nation Facebook app.
Activity will be supported by advertising, advertorials and editorial inches in the Daily Mail, which will run throughout the Olympics and Paralympics with media planning and buying by MPG Media Contacts.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Executive - Mobile / Digital Digital Gurus £18000 - £20000 per annum + bonus, benefits, London
- SMS (Marketing) Manager Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 per annum + package, South West London
- Mobile Project / Programme Manager - (Mobile Web / Mobile Apps) Digital Gurus £55000 - £75000 per annum + benefits, package, London
- Mobile Application Marketing Manager Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + pension, London