WPP's Media Innovation Group ventures into Asia
By Susie Sell, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 16 July 2012 11:57AM
WPP's digital media investment consultancy Media Innovation Group (MIG) has officially launched in Asia, headed by Innocean's former business director James Welch.
Based in Singapore, MIG will work to bring digital media buying and data insights closer to creative agencies, reports Campaign Asia.
It uses data from audience interactions across paid, owned and earned digital media, to optimise media investment across digital channels.
MIG is already up and running in the USA, Europe and Latin America, but this is its first foray in Asia.
James Welch has been appointed as MIG's regional director. He will be responsible for building partnerships with creative agencies and their clients across Asia-Pacific.
He has previously worked with WPP agencies including Y&R, JWT and Mindshare consultancy, the Advanced Techniques Group.
Welch told Campaign Asia-Pacific that the aim of the group is to partner with creative agencies to bring media knowledge back into the agencies.
He said: "We are creating a simple service to partner with creative agencies. We are bringing a service that has been too difficult for them because it has been part of a media agency business."
Jann Schwarz, MIG's vice-president responsible for global client relationships, added that the group is gearing up for a rapid expansion in Asia-Pacific.
He said: "This includes investment in local data centre resources, via our WPP parent company 24/7 Media, as well as the appointment of our regional director. James’s extensive experience at both creative and media agencies makes him ideal to lead our growing APAC team."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Omnicom Asia chief Tim Love to retire in April
- Grey buys majority stake in German digital media agency
- Luke Nathans is named Iris APAC chief
- Fortune Cookie acquired by WPP's Possible Worldwide
- Aegis expands into China and WPP boosts its digital arm
- Mark Coad appointed PHD Group Australia CEO
- WPP to acquire AKQA for $540m
- WPP reports 4% rise in revenues to £2.4bn
- WPP invests in Singaporean digital marketing agency Qais
- planning Director Twist Recruitment £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web