Cannes 2012: Film shortlist includes 18 UK agencies
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 June 2012 09:25AM
UK agencies put in an impressive showing on the Film Lions shortlist this year, with BBH and AMV leading the list of 18 UK shops that scooped a total of 34 nominations.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty led the charge with a total of 10 shortlisted entries, including its Guardian "three little pigs" spot, Barnardo’s "life story", Yeo Valley "boyband", Weetabix "big day", and six executions in its Axe/Lynx work, including "chain" and "party girl".
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO followed with five shortlisted entries, comprising Doritos "dip desperado" and Snickers "Joan Collins", Guinness "St Patrick’s Day" and two nominations for Cancer Research "the answer is plain".
Adam & Eve got shortlisted for its John Lewis Christmas spot "the long wait", while Wieden+Kennedy was listed for Lurpak "rainbow".
Saatchi & Saatchi got two nominations for its Wall’s spots, as did JWT CheethamBell Manchester for its John West Tuna work. Ogilvy & Mather also got two nominations for its work for MTV and Bite-Back Shark and Marine Conservation.
DDB made the list for its Harvey Nicols "walk of shame" spot, Euro RSCG for its Durex spot, DKLW Lowe for its Omo film, Rattling Stick for Nike Free Run, 101 for Avios "fly", Mother for Match.com "ukulele", Fallon for Orange "security", and Dare for its Old Speckled Hen work.
Other nominated shops comprised New Haven Comminations in Edinburgh, for Bawbags, Gorgeous for its Greenpeace work and Across the Pond London for its Google film.
The category was again dominated by the US, with a total of 75 nominations out of 257 entries.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Cannes 2012: Canal Plus picks up Grand Prix in Film Craft
- Cannes 2012: Chipotle spot by Creative Artists Agency scoops Film Grand Prix
- Cannes 2012: Six shortlisted for Branded Content & Entertainment Lions
- Cannes 2012: UK agencies net 30 nominations for Film Craft Lions
- Cannes 2012: BBH, AMV and 4Creative hit Gold in Design Lions
- Cannes 2012: Italy's controversial Benetton ad takes Grand Prix for Press
- Cannes 2012: UK picks up five Silver Cyber Lions
- Cannes 2012: JWT, AMV and Albion all win Radio Lions
- Cannes 2012: BBH lands Grand Prix for Creative Effectiveness
- Cannes 2012: Manning Gottlieb OMD scoops Grand Prix in the Media Lions
- Cannes 2012: DLKW Lowe wins Gold Lion in Mobile category
- Cannes 2012: AMV BBDO, Mother and Grey win Lions in Promo & Activation category
- Cannes 2012: Brooklyn Brothers wins Gold Lion in PR category
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Agency Candidates Required Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
- SEO Manager Michael Page Digital GBP30000 - GBP40000 per annum, Manchester
- SEO Manager Michael Page Digital GBP30000 - GBP50000 per annum, Manchester
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
- Initiative scoops Amazon global media business
- Marks & Spencer loses AdWords battle to Interflora
Forget the digital cluster bomb – be more like Bob
It’s said that the average person is exposed to 30,000 marketing messages a day. To me that’s worrying news for us marketers – especially if it’s your job is to build marketing relationships with consumers.