Sharp gets fans in the lab for Euro 2012 campaign
Sharp is backing its sponsorship of the Euro 2012 championships with a campaign that drives football fans to a website that measures their emotions.
The activity, by digital agency Work Club, promotes the football tournament's official supplier of LCD TVs and solar panels.
FanLabs has been monitoring the brainwaves of fans from competing countries and gathering data on their attitudes, beliefs, knowledge and confidence.
For example, it found that the Swedish and French fans are the most optimistic in Group D, England's group.
Fresh data will be gathered from fans at the tournament and via a questionnaire on the Sharp FanLabs website itself.
Work Club has created a cross-media campaign, including TV creative, which Sharp hopes will be seen by 350 million fans in 16 markets.
The TV films feature fans from participating countries displaying their emotions. They answer questions such as, "who has the most dedicated fans?" and "which host nation is more passionate?".
The films will also be shown in the FanZones in Poland and Ukraine and on the big screens in the grounds.
The Work Club creative team includes Ben Mooge, Andy Sandoz, Simon Bird and Paddy Griffith.
Griffith said: "FanLabs means that we can now literally get inside the head of football fans giving Sharp a never-before seen insight into one of its biggest target consumers."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London