More Th>n to sponsor MSN pet portal
More Th>n, the insurance brand, has signed an eight-month deal to sponsor 'More Than a Pet', a new pet channel on the MSN website.
From tomorrow (9 May) a dedicated section of the site will include a range of articles and information about looking after animals, including advice from veterinary professionals, features on pet lifestyle, pet fashions and celebrity pets.
The sponsorship, which was negotiated by Publicis Groupe media agency MediaVest UK, is designed to expand awareness of More Th>n's pet insurance and highlight the provider's expertise.
Pet owners will also be encouraged to interact with the site by uploading images and taking part in regular online polls.
Dominic Grounsell, personal marketing director at More Th>n, said: "The creation of a More Th>n pet channel has been designed to deepen relationships with our customers by providing practical pet advice, features, photos and videos to complement our pet insurance offering.
"As a nation of pet lovers the channel taps into our emotional connection with pets and shows how as a brand we go further for our customers."
The pet section of MSN’s portal will sit within the Lifestyle section of the site and will have More Th>n branding on either site of the editorial as well as on an MPU ad format on the left-hand side.
Duff Borer, business director at MediaVest, said: "This innovative and exciting initiative brings the More Th>n proposition to life in a practical way with its target audience.
"The partnership further emphasises our social, media and digital thinking as we continue our commitment to the design of dynamic experiences connecting consumers to brands."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- More Th>n promises customer rewards with 'Feel the love' ad campaign
- Think BR: Catering for a new breed of pet owner
- More Th>n 'brand campaign 2012' by VCCP Partnership
- More Th>n brings Freeman ad character to fore in new campaign
- More Th>n hires Capital One marketer Dominic Grounsell
- More Th>n partners Heart for £20,000 mortgage giveaway
- Senior Account Director Purple Consultancy £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £34000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Forward Thinking Senior Digital Project/ Account Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £45000 - £52000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
30 Seconds to Mars stratospheric rise on social media
In the week that it was shown that users only visited the planet Google+ for less than 7 minutes a month it’s interesting to look at how a contemporary rock artist brand goes about using social media in their marketing and the different levels of interest on different platforms.