BT London Live signs up Duran Duran and Stereophonics
Snow Patrol, Stereophonics, Duran Duran and Paolo Nutini will headline the BT-sponsored London Live concert that celebrates the start of the Olympics.
London Live is being put on as a partnership between Mayor of London, The Royal Parks and The London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
It is sponsored by BT, which beat competition from Sainsbury’s and Lloyds TSB, as first revealed by Marketing.
The London Live activity will kick off with an open air celebration concert at Hyde Park on Friday 27 July and will continue with activity throughout the Olympics and Parlaympic Games at Hyde Park, Victoria Park and Trafalgar Square.
BT will offer the chance to the public to watch London 2012 sporting action live on big screens for free at each of the venues.
Tickets will go on sale on Friday 4 May at 9am priced at £60.00 plus booking fee from www.btlondonlive.com.
BT customers will have 24-hour exclusive access to the tickets from Thursday.
Additional entertainment including live music, outdoor arts and performance, plus opportunities to try out different sports will be available at each venue.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Lloyds TSB sponsors Johnny Vaughan show on Absolute Radio
- BT enlists Tom Jones to perform free Olympics gig
- BT's profits boosted by hitting 10m super-fast broadband mark
- YouView hires top marketer ahead of expected autumn launch
- BT Infinity ad banned after Virgin Media complaint
- BT to sponsor 'London Live' Olympic entertainment events
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Senior Account Manager : Top 20 Digital Agency Dylan Up to £40000, London
- Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications University of West England £54,827, Bristol
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.