Royal Caribbean appoints OMD for search and social
RCL Cruises, the owner of Royal Caribbean brand, has appointed Omnicom's OMD UK to handle its social media and search engine optimisation (SEO) business, following a competitive pitch.
OMD will work on tailored social media and SEO campaigns to promote RCL Cruise's three cruise lines – Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises and Royal Caribbean.
OMD was appointed after a pitch against a number of undisclosed specialist digital agencies at the end of March. The incumbent was Leeds-based Bloom.
A spokeswoman for OMD said the combined appointment for SEO and social media reflects the growing demand among clients the two services to be integrated.
RCL Cruise's media account is handled by the independent agency AMS. JWT was appointed to the creative account for the Royal Caribbean International in January.
Jo Briody, head of marketing for Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises, said: "Both SEO and social media are central to building awareness of our brands amongst UK consumers and attracting a new to cruise market.
"We are delighted to be working with OMD and are confident they will ensure that our brands are front of mind in the digital arena."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Strategy Director The Works Sydney Great salary package including sponsorship , Sydney, Australia
- Assistant Digital Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £28000 - £32000 per annum, Surrey
- Online Search Manager Michael Page Digital £30000 - £40000 per annum, South East London
- Junior Account manager Michael Page Digital £19000 - £23000 per annum, Leeds
- Front End Developer Michael Page Digital £20000 - £25000 per annum, Leeds
- Burberry partners with Google on digital kisses campaign
- Digital marketing is 'invasive and annoying', study claims
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sony XBox One spoof leads
- Digital creatives hit hardest as agency salaries decline
- Ocado replaces Morrisons as BB shopping partner
- Former Saatchi & Saatchi senior planner Alex McKie dies suddenly
Infographic: How to create the perfect post on social media
It takes a lot of trial and error to understand what really makes your fans tick and what resonates within the community. That clever photo of something you think is absolutely hilarious could actually lose you a few fans and no matter how interesting a fact is, it’s never interesting enough to warrant a three paragraph explanation on one Facebook post…